The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism is pleased to announce that early bird registration is open for its fifth annual The Future Is Now: Legal Services conference.
The Future Is Now: Legal Services
April 23, 2020 | Venue SIX10 | Chicago
Early bird registration ends in:
Future + Law
The legal profession is at a tipping point. Technology is providing alternative methods for delivering legal services. At the same time, nontraditional service providers are competing with attorneys practicing in conventional models.
To adapt and thrive as a profession, we must evolve. But how do we remain rooted in foundational ethical principles while embracing opportunities to drive value for clients, the practice, and society?
The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism’s The Future Is Now conference brings together lawyers, judges, legal academics, entrepreneurs, and other professionals from across the U.S. to discuss the critical issues impacting the future of our organizations and the profession as a whole.
panels exploring issues impacting your practice
legal professionals from across the U.S.
hours of professional responsibility CLE
[The Future Is Now] provides a great opportunity to stop, look around, assess, and hear some really good ideas from such a great mix of speakers.
Executive Director, Prairie State Legal Services
It’s good to have a broader view of what’s happening in the practice of law; what changes are causing stress to attorneys, how we can best be setting a civil tone in our courtrooms.
Hon. Debra Walker
Circuit Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
There’s so much rich information; the speakers are outstanding. The balance between high concept and pragmatic information I think is fantastic.
Attorney at the Law Office of Will Hornsby and former ABA staff counsel
The idea that you can spend a whole day hearing about these issues, thinking about them, talking about them with other people, it was sort of like a mental massage.
CEO, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession
All of the ideas came from a place where people were trying to improve the profession and provide better access to justice for the public.
Administrator, Illinois ARDC
Download the Conference App
The Future Is Now 2020 app is coming soon.
Enter your information below to stay updated on #TheFutureIsNow.
Read more on future law, legal tech, and other issues impacting the legal profession.
Illinois’ rural lawyers are disappearing. The uneven distribution of practicing attorneys in the state is startling. Cook County represents 40% of the state’s population and over 70% of its lawyers. Cook County and its six collar counties account for 65% of the state’s population and 90% of its lawyers. That leaves 95 counties in Illinois with just 10% of its lawyers.